SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast - Pasadena, Texas
Manager (RN) Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is currently looking for a Manager (RN) Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Assisting the department director with planning, directing, supervising and evaluating all nursing care within with Intensive Care Unit (ICU) on a 24-hour basis.
- Manages, coordinates and controls all aspects of the unit in order to provide quality patient care and maintain high standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting
- Creates and maintains an environment that results in above average satisfaction ratings from employees, patients, and physicians.
- Must be able to absorb negative information/criticism and maintain a balanced perspective on issues.
- Knowledge of the objectives of the company and implication for programs, policies, and decisions.
- Responsible for knowing and following the Rules and Regulations relating to the professional nurse education, licensure, and practice as set forth in the Nursing Practice Act and the Texas Occupations Code and Statutes regulating the practice of professional nursing.
- Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values to help improve patient outcomes.
- Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork in all settings and circumstances. Shares acquired knowledge and skills with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy regarding controlled substances.
- Supports the hospital vision, mission and values through leadership activities.
- Maintains confidentiality and accuracy in documentation of patient activities.
- Exhibits professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to providing quality patient care, and is supportive of a professional working environment.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas is required.
- Current BLS, ACLS certifications required.
- Applicants without these requirements will be eligible for consideration with the understanding that they must complete these within 4 months of employment.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing is required.
- Two years clinical experience in ICU experience preferred.
- Evidence of leadership skills, successful interpersonal relations demonstrated by active participation in problem solving and accepting increased responsibility in supervision, administration and education.
Associated topics: asn, care, ccu, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, unit