Service TechnicianHouston-NASPosition Type:
Full Time - Permanent
OVERVIEW: The Marine/Service Technician is responsible for the repair and overhaul of boats, machinery and trailers.
* Examine boat and discuss the nature and extent of damage or malfunction with the service advisor or customer.
* Perform diagnostics and repair of all types of marine engines and transmissions/drives/generators.
* Perform mechanical repair work such as:
- remove engine, transom or outdrive
- disassemble unit and inspect parts for wear
- overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems
- rebuild parts such as engine cylinder blocks
- rewire ignition system, lights and instrument panel
- replace and adjust taillights
- install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers
* Operate a hydraulic jack or hoist as needed.
* Advise customers and/or insurance adjusters as to necessary repairs.
* Complete repair work utilizing service scheduler and SSO's within the established timeframe
* Ensure all warranty work is completed according to manufacture's and MarineMax guidelines
* Safely operate MarineMax and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
* Maintain MarineMax tools in good condition and according to guidelines
* Other duties as assigned
* Internal/external customer satisfaction/FANS
* Timely and accurate completion of work
* Maintain 100% productivity.
* Maintain minimum number of comebacks
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: automotive, calibrate, equipment, field service technician, machine repair, malfunction, mechanical, repair, troubleshoot, upgrade