NVIDIA's invention of the GPU 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI - the next era of computing - with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as \"the AI computing company\". We need help to grow our company and our teams with the smartest people in the world. Show us why we're looking for you.
What you will be doing:
The primary responsibility of this Automotive Compiler Verification Safety Engineer position will to plan, prioritize, and execute the NVIDIA software compiler verification team's automotive tool qualification and safety certification efforts for self-driving and other automotive applications.
* Own one or more components of the verification and qualification planning and execution associated with automotive safety features. * Engage with multi-functional teams in development, verification, automotive safety and process teams. * Improve, implement, and follow software processes and facilitate workflow deliverables.
What we need to see:
* You will need to demonstrate strong organization skills applied in a production environment. Automotive and/or deep learning experience will be a strong plus. * Test Development. Author/review test plans, implement test cases, automate tests, integrate tests into test management, port 3rd party testing, and author test reports. Participate in reviews for other workflow documents. * Test Automation: Automate compiler testing using NVIDIA test frameworks and by programming new tests. Includes test execution, test reporting, and results analysis. May also include automation of build environment. * Process Improvement: Participate in defining and improving software processes. Includes identifying potential or observed weaknesses in current process, offer ideas for actions that can improve quality, and participate in quality initiatives.
What we are looking for:
* 5+ years' work experience in a development organization with production deliverables. * Deep understanding of automotive safety concepts. * Proven working knowledge of testing processes and software development process. * General understanding of compilers. * Ability to work in a collaborative environment. * Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. * Demonstrated experience reading, understanding and applying process standards. * Proven strength in problem solving and implementing solutions. * Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills. * You are self-sufficient; you learn quickly; and have strong analytical skills with attention to detail. * You will apply existing skills to new situation with a passion for testing and troubleshooting. * QA Methodology: On our team we require experience writing test plans, test development, test automation, test execution and reporting in a production environment. * Applications: At minimum should have some experience with a source control tool, ought to able to use MS-Office, MS-Excel. * Programming: read/understand C, and ability to update existing scripts. * Experience with Version Control Tools: GIT and/or PERFORCE.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* You have experience in the automotive or deep learning domain space. * You have firsthand working experience with automotive standards like ISO26262 and ASPICE * You already have experience with NVIDIA GPUs and products. * You have tool knowledge of Jama, Jira, IBM Rhapsody, Vectorcast, or Coverity. * Prior experience testing on embedded platforms * Safety standard training is highly desired * Operating system experience with Linux, Windows and QNX * Experience with tools/programming languages such as: CUDA, C++, Python, make
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. Associated topics: clinical, fault, healthy, hospital, inspector, physician, risk, safety, water, wwtp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.