Purpose of Job
Responsible for developing, recommending, communicating and implementing risk management policies, strategies and operational guidelines for the organization and its various financial products. This group both develops and reviews existing policies and procedures to ensure their appropriateness and adequacy against industry best practices and regulatory requirements. Staff develop guidelines on risk by product or type of transaction as well as guidelines / parameters on aggregate risk levels. In conjunction with senior management, develop risk limits for various businesses / products. Staff are responsible for establishing management and administrative procedures (and possibly reporting programs) for use by business unit management to ensure adherence to policies.
Directly manages individual contributors and/or people managers within a sub functional team.
Performs workload management and prioritization duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned.
Demonstrates executive level thought leadership, strategy development, and operational planning.
Applies subject matter expert functional knowledge to lead subordinate workers in producing work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives.
Leads broad functional projects.
Develops functional policies, procedures and guidelines.
Identifies opportunities and facilitates major improvements to processes and systems.
Performs highly complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
Serves in an executive leadership capacity and has responsibility for performance management and professional development activities for subordinate workers.
- Bachelor's degree required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 or more years of progressive related experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment required.
- 4 or more years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Quantitative advanced degree, such as Statistics, Econometric or Engineering
- Deep experience in Credit Card Acquisition and Portfolio Management strategy development and/or oversight
- Demonstrated experience and a strong quantitative performance track record in developing and executing consumer lending credit mitigation and optimization initiatives