Correctional Medicine opening in San Marcos, Texas. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Company Introduction As a nurse with Correct Care Solutions (CCS), you will have the opportunity to practice patient care the way you've always wanted. Our nurses enjoy competitive pay and benefits in an autonomous though supportive work environment. Numerous growth opportunities are available to our nurses while feeling that they are continually using their nursing skills and abilities.As a CCS Nurse, you'll treat patients who typically go without access to health care. For patients that reside in a corrections or psychiatric hospital environment, the friendly, compassionate and nonjudgmental interaction that you provide can be a highlight in their day. If your passion is to make a difference, join CCS today. Overview Our Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of the RN(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies. Qualifications Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduation from an accredited School of NursingExperience for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One (1) or more years clinic experience preferredLicenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) within the state
- Current CPR certification Responsibilities
- Under supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care, and consults with RNs and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
- Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard precautions.CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Associated topics: licensed, licensed practical, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational, lvn, nurse i, nurse lpn, nurses, practical, practical nurse